The Ernst & Ethel Ericksen Trust are offering Study Grants for Master’s and Doctorate Degrees at South African universities. South African citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Ernst & Ethel Ericksen Trust was established by Ethel Eriksen in the early 1980’s. The trust provides study grants to students doing post graduate study and has enabled scholars from all walks of life to fulfill their dreams, and in so doing benefit South Africa.
- Applications Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Grants are offered to study Master and Doctoral programms.
- Study Subject: Grants are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The amount awarded will not exceed R20 000 for the proposed year of study.
- Nationality: Grants are available for South African students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: South African citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Graduate students can apply for a bursary to do a Masters or Doctorate post graduate degree at an approved South African university.
- The student must be a South African citizen.
- Study must be at a South African university.
- Students must have completed their honours in order to apply.
How to Apply:
|Applications for study grants for 2018 are now open. You will need to register and login in order to submit the application. Please note that for registration you will need Internet Explorer version 9 or higher, Chrome or Firefox.If you registered last year then your user credentials are no longer valid and you will need to re-register.
We have upgraded our application process so that you no longer need to complete the application in one sitting.
1. There are 6 steps you will need to complete. You can only move to the next step once you have entered all the information required on the current step.
2. You can logout at any point in the process and return at a later stage to complete your application. However, remember that only completed steps will be saved.
3. Until the point where you submit the application, you can go back and review the information entered. Once submitted however, you will not be able to change any information.
4. Please note that in step 5 you will need to attach two references. Please download the Eriksen Trust reference form. You cannot submit this application without two valid and complete references.
Here is some additional information to help you complete your application:
1. See the Guidelines for completing the application form.
2. Look at our Checklist of Documents Required and make sure you have everything ready before starting this application.
3. Please note the closing date is 30 September. No late applications will be accepted.
4. Please note that you are not to submit publications or research documents as part of your application.
5. Please login or register to apply.