The University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business is offering 10 scholarships for the students who wish to study postgraduate degree program. Scholarships are either awarded for full-time or modular study and could include full or partial funding of the tuition fees.
Teaching, learning and research at the GSB are directed towards building a more economically prosperous, more equitable, and more integrated continent. High potential individuals, who may have the talent to create a much-needed significant transformative impact on business and society on the African continent, are too often dissuaded from pursuing their business education goals due to financial constraints.
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue postgraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study in all subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers the full cost of the course and Up to 75% of tuition fees will be paid per student.
- Number of Scholarships: There are 10 scholarships available for the students.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for South African, US & Canadian citizens.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for South African, US & Canadian citizens.
- Entrance Requirements: All scholarship applicants need to comply with the other admission criteria of the University of Cape Town academic program for which they are applying.
1). Qualifying candidates need to be South African or African citizens or be a permanent resident for at least 1 year.
2). The scholarships generally cover tuition fees only, unless otherwise stated.
3). As such the following costs are not covered unless otherwise advised: Living expenses, flights, visa, subsistence, travel or application administration costs, all pre-application tests fees (including but not limited to GMAT test, GMAT Prep course, NBT and MCPA).
4). Candidates will be held liable for the full amount of the tuition fees if s/he does not complete the academic program.
5). Limited scholarships are available. To be eligible for consideration, applications for both program admissions and scholarship must be complete. (All scholarship applicants must also complete an application for their academic program of choice.)
6). Candidates must be accepted onto an applicable academic program to be eligible for a scholarship award.
7). Scholarships will be awarded during December 2018. Should you have received no communication by this date, please accept this as an indication that your application was not successful.
8). Preference will be given to MBA full-time candidates from historically disadvantaged backgrounds.
9). The scholarship committee’s decisions regarding recipients are final and no correspondence will be entered into thereafter.
10). The scholarship is not transferable across persons or UCT institutions.
11). It is not cash transferable and cannot be deferred to another year or transferred to another program.
12). The scholarship is only valid for the 2019 academic year.
13). The candidate is required to attend all classes and has the permission of his/her employer to do so (if employed).
14). UCT GSB reserves the right not to award any scholarships.
15). All shortlisted candidates will be required to:
- Complete an affidavit containing financial details
- Submit to a means test if required
- Sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: To apply for a scholarship, include a completed scholarship application form together with your full application package during the application period, which is October 31, 2018. The mode of applying is online.