The Dorothea Swift Nursing scholarships are targeted at nursing students commencing their first semester of study in the ECU Bachelor of Science (Nursing) for 2019. The scholarship offers payments of $4,000 per semester (max 6), for a total of $24,000 over 3 years.
- Applications Deadline: 1 April 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to study Bachelor of Science (Nursing).
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in various fields of Nursing.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship offers payments of $4,000 per semester (max 6), for a total of $24,000 over 3 years.
- Nationality: Australian citizen, or an Australian permanent resident.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 25 positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident;
- be a resident of Western Australia, and:
- have or intend to relocate from a rural, regional or remote area of WA; or
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- not be in receipt of any other scholarships except for any Commonwealth Scholarships (CAS and /or CECS) or the Student Start-Up or Relocation Scholarships through Centrelink;
- be commencing your first semester of study in the ECU Bachelor of Science (Nursing); and
- study on-campus and full-time (60 credit points per semester).
How to Apply: Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal.
Access to the Portal is available between application opening and closing dates.
You will be required to demonstrate prior academic success and provide a written statement (of no more than 500 words) which includes your:
- financial circumstances;
- social disadvantages;
- achievements; and
- reasons for choosing Nursing as a career.